Nexos’ objective is to generate superior financial results by making majority control equity investments in a diversified portfolio of privately held, smaller-sized alternative energy, retail and media companies. Post-investment, Nexos professionals will work hand-in-hand with portfolio company management to bring the expertise, financial and human resources necessary to successfully grow and build a business.
Nexos believes that numerous companies exist within its targeted sectors that:
- Have the potential to profit from sector consolidation,
- Require financial, managerial or operational support to compete and grow,
- Are challenged due to market forces or generational or management succession issues,
- Do not have adequate access to working/expansion capital or,
- Recognize the need to develop alliances with financial partners to withstand increased competition or to take advantage of market opportunities.
The primary investment focus is on successful companies seeking capital for consolidation and/or growth. Nexos seeks portfolio investments in companies in promising growth sectors which it can build into professionally-managed enterprises with significantly higher enterprise valuations.
The targeted sectors include consumer/retail, financial, telecommunications/media and alternative energy industries. Nexos relies on the operating experience of its Principals and its Strategic Advisory Board members in each of these sectors to promote the rapid scaling and professionalization of its portfolio companies.
Nexos assumes a three to seven year holding period for its investments, after which it seeks to exit via a sale to strategic or financial buyer, through a management buyout or possibly through the public markets.